KIC BOTTOM MOUNT FRIDGE COMPETITION
How To Enter
- Purchase a KIC Bottom Mount fridge between 1st May 2019 and 31st May 2019 at any Makro nationwide, instore or online.
Qualifying fridge range can be viewed here:
Model Link KBF 525/1 ME makro.co.za KBF 631 ME WATER makro.co.za KBF 635 WH makro.co.za KBF 635 ME WATER makro.co.za KBF 639 ME makro.co.za
- Participants have to register on the KIC website for the 5-year warranty plan (registration needs to happen within the competition run dates).
- There is no entry fee to enter this competition.
- Participants are permitted to one (1) entry per KIC Bottom Mount fridge purchased.
- The competition entry will run for a limited time, from 01 May 2019 and will close on 30 May 2019 at midnight (23:59). Entries and/ or purchases received/made before or after these dates will not be considered.
- Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is
not received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- 4x lucky winners stand a chance to receive a Makro voucher worth R12 500.00 each and will be paid via xx that can be used at any Makro store nationwide to spend within 12 months. The winners will have to arrange their own transport to collect their voucher and in the case of a delivery, KIC will only deliver to selected areas in their discretion.
- All winners are requested to keep their original proof of purchase (till slip and receipt) and present upon winning. All receipts will be cross checked and verified with participating retailers.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value subject to its sole discretion.
- The prizes will not be transferable or negotiable and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- No costs, besides the prize will be covered or payable by the promotor on behalf of any winner.
- Prize transfer: The winner/s will be in contact with the KIC Head Office (15 Riley Rd, Bedfordview, Germiston, 2008).
- A winner will be notified via email no later than Sunday evening every week during the competition run;
- Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received and verified by the Promoter and/or its agents; and
- The winner will be announced on KIC South Africa’s Social Media page.
- In the event that images or any other form of media is taken of you, you waive the right to any reasonable expectation of privacy or confidentiality associated with such images and hereby authorize the use thereof for any lawful purpose in print and/or electronically.
- Winners grant the Promotor the right to the unconditional and exclusive worldwide use, recording, display, producing, reproducing, processing, exhibiting, distributing, publishing, broadcasting, transmitting and screening of his/her voice, appearance, images, likeness and performances as part of the Competition for any lawful purpose in print and / or electronically in any media, now known or hereafter devised.
- Winners acknowledge that the Promotor remains the sole owner of all rights in and to the content and adverts, and any reproduction(s), for all purposes; and that the Promotor has the right, among other things, to publish or broadcast the content one or more times over any print, station, cable system, cinema screening, online, digital or outdoor use. Any materials relating to the production, recording, publishing and broadcasting of the content or advert becomes the property of the Promotor.
- If the winner cannot be contacted within 1 week, then the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner under the same conditions.
- The winner must provide KIC with all information and a copy of original documentation required for identification purposes, including a valid SA Identity Document and proof of address.
- Winners shall not be entitled to any benefit other than the indicated prize including but not limited to any form of compensation or royalties.
- The promoter is KIC SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD with Registration Number: 1975/000600/07 whose registered office is at Riley Road Office Park, 15E Riley Road, Bedfordview.
- The competition is open to all persons currently residing within South Africa, aged 18 or older.
- Employees of the Promotor and its advertising and/or promotion agencies, outlet owners, retailers
and wholesalers that form part of the Competition and their immediate families may not enter the competition. The Competition is not open for entry by or on behalf of a legal entity and participants cannot use the account of a legal entity to enter the Competition.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which the entrant will incur to enter
the competition and / or associated with their acceptance or use of the prize.
- By entering and submitting the entry for this competition, the entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions which will be interpreted by the Promotors.
- The Competition, its prizes, and any terms and/or conditions surrounding it may be amended by
reasonable notification at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Such altered terms and conditions and/or prize shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by the Promotor and no participants shall have any recourse as a result of the alterations of the terms and conditions and/or or of the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to extend, reasonably shorten or suspend the time period of the
Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operation reasons, or for the greater public good, or due to a “force majeure” circumstance or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the participants in a manner that is expedient according to its best ability.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate this Competition immediately at any stage, whether
required as a result of changes in legislation, or if required by any judicial, national, provincial or municipal authority, or within the sole discretion of the Promoter for any reason whatsoever. Notice of such termination shall be published on the Competition website or on any other suitable forum. In such an event, all participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Organisers whatsoever.
- The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries which, in its opinion, are fraudulent or distasteful, infringes a third party’s intellectual property rights, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, provocative or defamatory language or in any other manner, not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Nothing in the participant’s post should bring the competition or its sponsors into disrepute.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party, whether connected with this competition, or not.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by the law of South Africa and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image and likeness in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with all applicable privacy laws/policies and regulations relating to protection, collection, use, and distribution thereof and the promoter will use every endeavour to secure such information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure and loss using commercially acceptable security practices and technologies. Information will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Media Network.
- You are providing your information to KIC or its authorised agent and not to any other party.
- All participants and the winners indemnify the Promoter, its associated and subsidiary companies,
and its directors, officers and employees, against any and all claims, demands and liabilities of any kind or nature, arising from any cause whatsoever.
- The Promoter may sell, assign, transfer, and/or license any of its rights here under, however the winner shall not be entitled to the same or similar rights.
WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Availability of kic.co.za We will endeavour to ensure that kic.co.za is available 24 hours per day without any interruptions. However, we reserve the right to make kic.co.za unavailable at any time or to restrict access to parts or all of kic.co.za without notice. kic.co.za is a general information service. We will endeavour not to make it misleading, but we cannot represent that the information accessible on or via kic.co.za is accurate, not-misleading, complete or up to date.
- Use of kic.co.za is designed for your personal, non-commercial use and you must not use it in any other way without our consent. Except as permitted under applicable law, you must not use, copy, translate, publish, licence or sell kic.co.za or any materials or information in kic.co.za or the structure, overall style and program code of kic.co.za without our consent. If you wish to make a request for consent, please contact email@example.com.
- Your Contributions You agree to only use kic.co.za for lawful purposes and that any information that you provide in connection with, or which forms part of, kic.co.za will be, as far as you are aware, true and accurate and will not infringe any copyright or trade mark, or any right of privacy, publicity or personality or any other right, whether registered or unregistered, of any other nature or any person, or be obscene or libellous or blasphemous or defamatory and you agree to indemnify us against all claims, proceedings, damages, liabilities and costs, including legal costs arising out of your breach of this term. We cannot make any assurances about the information or contribution made by any other user and you should exercise caution before acting or otherwise relying upon any information you obtain via the kic.co.za.
- Links kic.co.za includes links to other internet sites. Without limiting what we say elsewhere, we make no representations or warranties about those sites or their content, nor that the links work. If you wish to link to kic.co.za you may only do so at http://www.kic.co.za. Details of our linking arrangements may be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intellectual property kic.co.za, its style and structure, and the materials and information on kic.co.za of kic.co.za are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights, and may not be used by you except as expressly provided in this User Agreement. The authors of the documents in kic.co.za assert their moral rights. kic.co.za and KIC are registered trade marks of KIC .
- Our Liability Since a substantial part of kic.co.za is both free and available to all, it is a condition that your use of kic.co.za is at your own risk. We shall not be liable to you or in breach of this User Agreement for any delay or failure to perform any obligation if the delay or failure is due to a cause beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, the blocking or restricting of information to and/or from our network.Except as expressly provided in this User agreement, we disclaim any further representations, warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, by statute, collaterally or otherwise, including but not limited to implied warranties, conditions or other terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or reasonable care and skill.Save as provided below, we disclaim all and will not be liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise arising in connection with this User Agreement or the kic.co.za for: (i) consequential, indirect or special loss or damage; or (ii) any loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) any economic losses (including loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings), in each case, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage and howsoever incurred.Our maximum liability to you in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise arising in connection with this User Agreement or the kic.co.za shall be limited. Notwithstanding any other provision of this User Agreement, we will be liable to you without limit for any death or personal injury caused by our negligence and to the extent that liability arises and for liability arising from statements made fraudulently by us.
- Small Print Either of us may terminate this User Agreement at any time. You may not transfer any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under this User Agreement without our prior written consent. If we fail to enforce any provision of this User Agreement, that failure will not preclude us from enforcing either that provision (or any similar provision) on a later occasion. Nothing in this User Agreement shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any term of the User Agreement. This User Agreement is governed by South African law and any dispute connected with this agreement is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts. Nothing in this User Agreement affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Complaints If you believe that your intellectual property or other rights are being infringed by the kic.co.za, or if you are dissatisfied with kic.co.za or any aspect of our service, in the first instance please contact email@example.com or on 0860 884 402
- Why we collect it: We collect information about you so that we can personalise your use of the site, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally. Depending upon your selections for our data protection questions we may arrange for you to be sent information about related products and services from us and carefully selected third parties (see section 4). You may update the answers to your questions at any time.
- Who we disclose it to:
- We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent.
- If you give your consent, we will pass your contact details to third parties who may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may be of interest to you.
- We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties overseas to enable us to perform services requested by you.
- Data Protection : The preamble to the Protection of Personal Information Bill, 2009 (“POPI”) states that it will regulate, in harmony with international standards, the processing of personal information by public and private bodies in a manner that gives effect to the right to privacy subject to justifiable limitations that are aimed at protecting other rights and important interests.
- Users of kic.co.za acknowledge that KIC takes the protection of personal information seriously, and in particular the compliance with data privacy laws such as POPI.
- Security : Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Automated decisions : Parts of kic.co.za and our billing process are automatic and we may process your personal data as part of kic.co.za and the billing process.
- Accessing and updating your personal information : We will always let you have a copy of personal information we have about you, should you request it, and you may correct it if you wish. Instructions about how to do this are available from kic.co.za.
KIC 5 YEAR WARRANTY
- KIC 5 Year warranty is a 3 year extension of our standard 2 year warranty.
- KIC 5 Year warranty is only applicable to bottom mount refrigerators.
- KIC 5 Year warranty is only valid if the purchase location and requested call out location is with South Africa.
- Registration will only be valid if completed before 30 days of purchase.
KIC 2 YEAR WARRANTY
- All KIC appliances come with a standard 2 year warranty.
KIC WARRANTY OUR PROMISE TO YOU
DURATION & COVERAGE
KIC offers a full warranty service from the date of original retail purchase, supported by a qualified and
committed network of Service Partners nationwide. Any functional part which fails in normal home use will
be repaired or replaced, after a full assessment has been carried out by an Authorised Service Partner, freeof-
charge including the part itself and labour costs. Evidence of the purchase (receipt), Model Number and
Serial Number are required to obtain a free warranty service.
REP. OF CONGO
Conditions and damages resulting from any of the following cases:
• Improper installation, delivery or maintenance (i.e., pump filter cleaning);
• Any repair, modification, alteration, or adjustment not authorized by the Manufacturer;
• Misuse, abuse, accidents or unreasonable use;
• Incorrect electric current, voltage or supply;
• Damages due to voltage fluctuations or lightening;
• Improper settings of any control;
• Product previously repaired by non-authorised Service Partner. Damage on aesthetic components due to
transport and movement (i.e., dents, scratches) are not covered by warranty. Aesthetic components (i.e.,
handles, lamps, glass, plastics). Light bulbs, water filter air filter, carbon filter, rubber hoses. Accessories
and glass made optional (i.e., shelves, plates). Products used for non-domestic purpose or located in
commercial environment (i.e., restaurants, hotels, hairdressers, laundry shops, butcher shops and garage).
Installation cost (i.e., water, power and gas connection). Where a product has been returned due to
incorrect information furnished by the dealer regarding the features and use of the product.
Assistance or service call to:
• Correct any improper installation;
• Instruct the consumer on proper product usage;
• Transport appliance to the service workshop;
• No failure found (in case of functional failures claimed by the consumer and not found during technician
check, the repair will be charged to the consumer);
• Periodic maintenance or the cleaning of water filter, pump filter and air duct filter;
• Removal of transport support or fixation screws;
• Settle of feet and setting of gas nozzles.
Cost of the above-mentioned service call will be charged to the consumer.
In no event shall KIC be liable for any consequential, either direct or indirect, damages whether foreseeable
or unforeseeable, resulting from improper usage or maintenance of the appliance as well as for any damages
consequently to the non-observance of the appliance’s instruction for use. After the warranty period, all
repairs will be completely charged to the consumer.