How to enter
- Route to entry for the competition is via the KIC South Africa Facebook page
- How to enter:
- Purchase a KIC combi bottom mount fridge within the new KIC Shaka range between 1 August 2018 and on 30 September 2018. Qualifying fridge range can be viewed here: https://bit.ly/2uZqCXy;
- Take a photo of yourself with your new KIC Shaka fridge appliance (range code 631, 635 or 639);
- Post this picture on the KIC South Africa Facebook page and tag KIC South Africa in the picture.
- Post this picture on your own Facebook page and tag KIC South Africa in the picture.
- All photos must follow the theme guidelines – that is a picture of yourself and your new KIC fridge
- You may only enter a photo you have taken personally.
- The image dimensions must not exceed 1,024 pixels in either height or width and the file size must not exceed 5 MB.
- There is no entry fee to enter this competition.
- Participants are permitted to one (1) entry per person, on Facebook.
- The competition entry will run for a limited time, from 1 August 2018 and will close on 30 September 2018 at midnight (23:59). Entries and/ or purchases received/made before or after these dates will not be considered.
- Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons or otherwise. Proof of submission (“screenshot of post” on both Facebook pages) is required with proof of original purchase receipt.
- 5 x lucky winners stand a chance to redeem the purchase price back up to a maximum of R6,000.00 (VAT inclusive).
- All winners are requested to keep their original proof of purchase (till slip and receipt) and present upon winning. All receipts will be cross checked and verified with participating retailers.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value subject to its sole discretion.
- The prizes will not be transferable or negotiable and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- No costs, besides the prize will be covered or payable by the promoter on behalf of any winner.
- Prize transfer: The winner/s will be in contact with the KIC Head Office (15 Riley Rd, Bedfordview, Germiston, 2008) whereby all money transfer arrangements will be made. The Prize money will be deposited into the winner/s bank accounts by the end of October 2018.
- The Winner is required to provide the Promoter with proof of identification and an official bank letter will be requested before transfer is made, no other person’s bank details will be accepted for the payment, only the winner.
- The winner will be notified via Direct Messaging on Facebook within 3 days after the closing date;
- Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received and verified by the Promoter and/or its agents; and The winner will be announced on KIC South Africa’s Social Media page.
- In the event that images or any other form of media is taken of you, you waive the right to any reasonable expectation of privacy or confidentiality associated with such images and hereby authorize the use thereof for any lawful purpose in print and/or electronically.
- Winners grant the Promotor the right to the unconditional and exclusive worldwide use, recording, display, producing, reproducing, processing, exhibiting, distributing, publishing, broadcasting, transmitting and screening of his/her voice, appearance, images, likeness and performances as part of the Competition for any lawful purpose in print and / or electronically in any media, now known or hereafter devised.
- Winners acknowledge that the Promotor remains the sole owner of all rights in and to the content and adverts, and any reproduction(s), for all purposes; and that the Promotor has the right, among other things, to publish or broadcast the content one or more times over any print, station, cable system, cinema screening, online, digital or outdoor use. Any materials relating to the production, recording, publishing and broadcasting of the content or advert becomes the property of the Promoter.
- If the winner cannot be contacted within 1 day or fails to submit identification/bank letter, then the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner under the same conditions.
- The winner must provide KIC with all information and a copy of the original documentation required for identification purposes, including a valid SA Identity Document and proof of address.
- Winners shall not be entitled to any benefit other than the indicated prize including but not limited to any form of compensation or royalties.
- The promoter is KIC SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD with Registration Number: 1975/000600/07 whose registered office is at Riley Road Office Park, 15E Riley Road, Bedfordview.
- The competition is open to all persons currently residing within South Africa, aged 18 or older.
- Employees of the Promotor and its advertising and/or promotion agencies, outlet owners, retailers and wholesalers that form part of the Competition and their immediate families may not enter the competition. The Competition is not open for entry by or on behalf of a legal entity and participants cannot use the account of a legal entity to enter the Competition.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which the entrant will incur to enter the competition and / or associated with their acceptance or use of the prize.
- By entering and submitting the entry for this competition, the entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions which will be interpreted by the Promotors.
- The Competition, its prizes, and any terms and/or conditions surrounding it may be amended by reasonable notification at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Such altered terms and conditions and/or prize shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by the Promotor and no participants shall have any recourse as a result of the alterations of the terms and conditions and/or of the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to extend, reasonably shorten or suspend the time period of the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operation reasons, or for the greater public good, or due to a “force majeure” circumstance or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the participants in a manner that is expedient according to its best ability.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate this Competition immediately at any stage, whether required as a result of changes in legislation, or if required by any judicial, national, provincial or municipal authority, or within the sole discretion of the Promoter for any reason whatsoever. Notice of such termination shall be published on the Competition website or on any other suitable forum. In such an event, all participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Organisers whatsoever.
- The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries which, in its opinion, are fraudulent or distasteful, infringes a third party’s intellectual property rights, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, provocative or defamatory language or in any other manner, not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Nothing in the participant’s post should bring the competition or its sponsors into disrepute.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party, whether connected with this competition, or not.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- . The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by the law of South Africa and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image and likeness in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with all applicable privacy laws/policies and regulations relating to protection, collection, use, and distribution thereof and the promoter will use every endeavour to secure such information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure and loss using commercially acceptable security practices and technologies. Information will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Media Network.
- You are providing your information to KIC or its authorised agent and not to any other party.
- All participants and the winners indemnify the Promoter, its associated and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers and employees, against any and all claims, demands and liabilities of any kind or nature, arising from any cause whatsoever.
- The Promoter may sell, assign, transfer, and/or license any of its rights here under, however the winner shall not be entitled to the same or similar rights.