TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Availability of kic.co.za We will endeavour to ensure that kic.co.za is available 24 hours per day without any interruptions. However, we reserve the right to make kic.co.za unavailable at any time or to restrict access to parts or all of kic.co.za without notice. kic.co.za is a general information service. We will endeavour not to make it misleading, but we cannot represent that the information accessible on or via kic.co.za is accurate, not-misleading, complete or up to date.
- Use of kic.co.za is designed for your personal, non-commercial use and you must not use it in any other way without our consent. Except as permitted under applicable law, you must not use, copy, translate, publish, licence or sell kic.co.za or any materials or information in kic.co.za or the structure, overall style and program code of kic.co.za without our consent. If you wish to make a request for consent, please contact email@example.com.
- Your Contributions You agree to only use kic.co.za for lawful purposes and that any information that you provide in connection with, or which forms part of, kic.co.za will be, as far as you are aware, true and accurate and will not infringe any copyright or trade mark, or any right of privacy, publicity or personality or any other right, whether registered or unregistered, of any other nature or any person, or be obscene or libellous or blasphemous or defamatory and you agree to indemnify us against all claims, proceedings, damages, liabilities and costs, including legal costs arising out of your breach of this term. We cannot make any assurances about the information or contribution made by any other user and you should exercise caution before acting or otherwise relying upon any information you obtain via the kic.co.za.
- Links kic.co.za includes links to other internet sites. Without limiting what we say elsewhere, we make no representations or warranties about those sites or their content, nor that the links work. If you wish to link to kic.co.za you may only do so at http://www.kic.co.za. Details of our linking arrangements may be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intellectual property kic.co.za, its style and structure, and the materials and information on kic.co.za of kic.co.za are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights, and may not be used by you except as expressly provided in this User Agreement. The authors of the documents in kic.co.za assert their moral rights. kic.co.za and KIC are registered trade marks of KIC .
- Our Liability Since a substantial part of kic.co.za is both free and available to all, it is a condition that your use of kic.co.za is at your own risk. We shall not be liable to you or in breach of this User Agreement for any delay or failure to perform any obligation if the delay or failure is due to a cause beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, the blocking or restricting of information to and/or from our network.Except as expressly provided in this User agreement, we disclaim any further representations, warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, by statute, collaterally or otherwise, including but not limited to implied warranties, conditions or other terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or reasonable care and skill.Save as provided below, we disclaim all and will not be liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise arising in connection with this User Agreement or the kic.co.za for: (i) consequential, indirect or special loss or damage; or (ii) any loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) any economic losses (including loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings), in each case, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage and howsoever incurred.Our maximum liability to you in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise arising in connection with this User Agreement or the kic.co.za shall be limited. Notwithstanding any other provision of this User Agreement, we will be liable to you without limit for any death or personal injury caused by our negligence and to the extent that liability arises and for liability arising from statements made fraudulently by us.
- Small Print Either of us may terminate this User Agreement at any time. You may not transfer any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under this User Agreement without our prior written consent. If we fail to enforce any provision of this User Agreement, that failure will not preclude us from enforcing either that provision (or any similar provision) on a later occasion. Nothing in this User Agreement shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any term of the User Agreement. This User Agreement is governed by South African law and any dispute connected with this agreement is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts. Nothing in this User Agreement affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Complaints If you believe that your intellectual property or other rights are being infringed by the kic.co.za, or if you are dissatisfied with kic.co.za or any aspect of our service, in the first instance please contact email@example.com or on 0860 884 402
- Why we collect it: We collect information about you so that we can personalise your use of the site, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally. Depending upon your selections for our data protection questions we may arrange for you to be sent information about related products and services from us and carefully selected third parties (see section 4). You may update the answers to your questions at any time.
- Who we disclose it to:
- We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent.
- If you give your consent, we will pass your contact details to third parties who may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may be of interest to you.
- We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties overseas to enable us to perform services requested by you.
- Data Protection : The preamble to the Protection of Personal Information Bill, 2009 (“POPI”) states that it will regulate, in harmony with international standards, the processing of personal information by public and private bodies in a manner that gives effect to the right to privacy subject to justifiable limitations that are aimed at protecting other rights and important interests.
- Users of kic.co.za acknowledge that KIC takes the protection of personal information seriously, and in particular the compliance with data privacy laws such as POPI.
- Security : Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Automated decisions : Parts of kic.co.za and our billing process are automatic and we may process your personal data as part of kic.co.za and the billing process.
- Accessing and updating your personal information : We will always let you have a copy of personal information we have about you, should you request it, and you may correct it if you wish. Instructions about how to do this are available from kic.co.za.
KIC 5 YEAR WARRANTY
- KIC 5 Year warranty is a 3 year extension of our standard 2 year warranty.
- KIC 5 Year warranty is only applicable to bottom mount refrigerators.
- KIC 5 Year warranty is only valid if the purchase location and requested call out location is with South Africa.
- Registration will only be valid if completed before 30 days of purchase.
KIC 2 YEAR WARRANTY
- All KIC appliances come with a standard 2 year warranty.
KIC WARRANTY OUR PROMISE TO YOU
DURATION & COVERAGE
KIC offers a full warranty service from the date of original retail purchase, supported by a qualified and
committed network of Service Partners nationwide. Any functional part which fails in normal home use will
be repaired or replaced, after a full assessment has been carried out by an Authorised Service Partner, freeof-
charge including the part itself and labour costs. Evidence of the purchase (receipt), Model Number and
Serial Number are required to obtain a free warranty service.
REP. OF CONGO
Conditions and damages resulting from any of the following cases:
• Improper installation, delivery or maintenance (i.e., pump filter cleaning);
• Any repair, modification, alteration, or adjustment not authorized by the Manufacturer;
• Misuse, abuse, accidents or unreasonable use;
• Incorrect electric current, voltage or supply;
• Damages due to voltage fluctuations or lightening;
• Improper settings of any control;
• Product previously repaired by non-authorised Service Partner. Damage on aesthetic components due to
transport and movement (i.e., dents, scratches) are not covered by warranty. Aesthetic components (i.e.,
handles, lamps, glass, plastics). Light bulbs, water filter air filter, carbon filter, rubber hoses. Accessories
and glass made optional (i.e., shelves, plates). Products used for non-domestic purpose or located in
commercial environment (i.e., restaurants, hotels, hairdressers, laundry shops, butcher shops and garage).
Installation cost (i.e., water, power and gas connection). Where a product has been returned due to
incorrect information furnished by the dealer regarding the features and use of the product.
Assistance or service call to:
• Correct any improper installation;
• Instruct the consumer on proper product usage;
• Transport appliance to the service workshop;
• No failure found (in case of functional failures claimed by the consumer and not found during technician
check, the repair will be charged to the consumer);
• Periodic maintenance or the cleaning of water filter, pump filter and air duct filter;
• Removal of transport support or fixation screws;
• Settle of feet and setting of gas nozzles.
Cost of the above-mentioned service call will be charged to the consumer.
In no event shall KIC be liable for any consequential, either direct or indirect, damages whether foreseeable
or unforeseeable, resulting from improper usage or maintenance of the appliance as well as for any damages
consequently to the non-observance of the appliance’s instruction for use. After the warranty period, all
repairs will be completely charged to the consumer.